Monday, October 15, 2012

&rew's Mad Monster Party art show



Phillip Graffham at Van Eaton galleries in So. Cal recently curated a show for the release of Mad Monster Party which recently came out on Blu-Ray and a book was released.

I've heard of the gallery before - they sell some really cool animation related art, so I was glad to dedicate some time to a piece.

I bought the Blu-Ray, watched it, and repainted my favorite scene.  I tried to star super close to the original with a few twists of my own.  I don't want it to be a total rip of the movie, but the designs were so amazing that I had no choice but to follow it closely.

It's also Halloween feeling so it works perfectly with the season.

The result is the following painting.
The piece is entitled "I Don Juan to look at you."  It's a quote from the movie.
I painted under the pseudonym "Andrew Wilson".  Oh wait... that's my real name.  Well, the artwork is sold, so I can't offer it to anyone, but if you'd like to see the other available pieces, follow the links! There are some really good pieces including sculpture, collage, and Drake Brodahl!  Good stuff.

Check out the other cool artwork here: 

be seeing you,
&Rew.

No comments: